Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 1.86 Average
[PR] Enables Sims Mode/Motives on Classic
I find very little reason for this to be added to classic and a considerable annoyance.
The reason I see for the existence of motives is to encourage player interaction via making them go to the bar. Which gives all players on the station encouragement to converge into a specific spot to increase player interaction or at the very least move outside their department, which is good since both servers benefit off of player interaction. Though that doesn't work on classic, as in the bar there is very little interaction you can do apart from RP related interaction, which classic of course does significantly less because the players don't enjoy it as much. Arguably actions like eating/drinking could be considered out of the sphere of purely RP and could be enjoyable, yet those actions aren't fun if you take in purely the mechanical aspect of it. As they remove a currently debilitating affect on the player rather than giving a rewarding benefit. For RP though its fine, as they can look at the RP side of it with seeing their character eating/drinking and enjoy it.
If you do actually want classic players to interact more with the chef and bartender, as well as give more reason to eat and drink. Motives I say are the worst way to do them in classic. Making drinking give benefits that isn't only from a few drinks, would be the right way to go. As well as making food buffs more strong, or rather making it considerably less nerdy to get the really strong combinations gives more meaning to a chef and food existing.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PR] Enables Sims Mode on Classic - by JOELED - 08-29-2024, 09:04 AM
RE: [PR] Enables Sims Mode on Classic - by IPingu - 08-29-2024, 10:51 AM
RE: [PR] Enables Sims Mode on Classic - by Kotlol - 08-30-2024, 01:04 AM
RE: [PR] Enables Sims Mode on Classic - by Cringe - 08-30-2024, 06:07 PM
RE: [PR] Enables Sims Mode on Classic - by Shiiba - 09-02-2024, 08:40 PM