Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 1.86 Average
[PR] Enables Sims Mode/Motives on Classic
Bartender absolutely needs this for the role to not feel either useless or like a deluxe chemist job. Some rounds I've spent playing bartender the most interaction I had was from one guy drinking the over 10 drinks I've made and dying to alcohol poisoning, even when there's over 30 people. Largely because mechanically speaking, going to the bar on classic is almost always a 'bad play', as drinking is harmful, it's easy to get poisoned, and even for fun there's not a lot outside of just talking to the bartender, which is actively inhibited by drinking, or dying to the various poisons they've masqueraded as drinks.
While chef on classic is fine as I've had many rounds go very well creating lunchboxes or dinners for people as a chef, that's largely because I would make them and then abandon kitchen to personally hand people boxes of what are seen as objectively useful items. Whenever the food is just left at kitchen for people to self serve it, no matter how useful, a good portion of that food is still there late into the round.
For hygiene I would hope it isn't added to classic (although it looks like it might already be getting removed anyways?) as it doesn't really add to the use of anything other than showers and baths, compared to hunger & thirst giving vending machines, stealth poisons, water coolers, and two player roles far more usefulness and interaction

While I do agree that it might be tedious (I haven't ever played with motives), as long as the downsides are only minor debuffs, or even just purely a meter that says you're thorsty or hungy without any mechanical use, I would 100% be down for this to at least get a test merge just to see the difference in attitude towards barkeeps/chefs.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PR] Enables Sims Mode on Classic - by JOELED - 08-29-2024, 09:04 AM
RE: [PR] Enables Sims Mode on Classic - by Asterion0 - 08-29-2024, 10:35 AM
RE: [PR] Enables Sims Mode on Classic - by IPingu - 08-29-2024, 10:51 AM
RE: [PR] Enables Sims Mode on Classic - by Kotlol - 08-30-2024, 01:04 AM
RE: [PR] Enables Sims Mode on Classic - by Cringe - 08-30-2024, 06:07 PM
RE: [PR] Enables Sims Mode on Classic - by Shiiba - 09-02-2024, 08:40 PM