Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.63 Average
thoughts on bringing the 10 minute respawn timer to classic
(08-27-2024, 05:57 AM)rando212 Wrote: Gamemodes like blob, nukies, flock, or revs as far as i know are not designed around respawning. This honestly could have no real round effect but I would think it would make already unbalanced modes like blob even more insane stomps if crew dosent have to worry about diying and can throw themselves at the blob untill it dies.

This was my first thought too, but I don't really see it being a huge problem IMO because of how long the respawn timer is.  It'd have to be seen in action to know for certain, but generally round-ending gamemodes don't stall out long enough for a ten minute respawn to be a game-changer in that way.  Nukies for sure, since by the time respawns are up the nuke is gone either way, but for blob or flock if everyone in the crew is throwing themselves at the enemy and dying immediately that just means that they have ten entire minutes uncontested, as well as the resources from consuming all of those bodies.  If anything, that sounds like it would be better for them --  cloning will still be the best resource for getting people back in the fight, not respawns.

Messages In This Thread
RE: thoughts on bringing the 10 minute respawn timer to classic - by JOELED - 08-27-2024, 07:05 AM