Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Lower the cost of the Cloaking Device from 6 TC
(08-23-2024, 11:12 AM)klushy225 Wrote: might be a case of being solely an rp player, as I rarely see cloakers at all.

They exist but in RP, being stealthy isn't as fun. In RP you are encouraged to be loud, brash and getting as much people involved.

Where as stealth makes people go: "We had an antag?"

In classic, stealth is a MUST for an antagonist, since if one person spots you being an antag. The mob will hunt you (unless there is a more dangerous antagonist around doing worst damage while you are just being silly (Actually happened to me on classic where I was being a silly antag but blobs and flock kept overtaking my quarters.)

The cloaking device is expensive since there aren't a lot of counters to them.
Alone it isn't dangerous, since ooh no invisible antag? Better grab the infrareds as the det--
Oh the detective is the antag? Well then opening armory and problem solved.

But when that antag can pull out a C-saber or a weapon that can easily crowd control or fast kill someone? Suddenly it's a problem cause the antag can kill the Infrared user 1st, go invisible as the rest of security is trying to get infrareds.
Don't even bother with getting an infrared eye.. since if the materials ain't there, you ain't getting one. If medbay wasn't blown up already.

The problem with the cloaker is as many state: It's a 10/10 support item.
But if it has nothing to support it.. it's a 0/10.

But yea in RP, no one really uses stealth cause.. it's more fun to be loud and in charge.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lower the cost of the Cloaking Device from 6 TC - by Kotlol - 08-23-2024, 11:50 AM