Jimbob Motha's HoS Application
Tongue 
Usual character name: Jimbob Motha
BYOND username: Lopdopgop
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Lopdopgop
Recommended by (if applicable):
Goon servers you play:  Goon 4

Reason for application:
Becoming a HOS was a goal I set for myself back when I first started playing. I've always loved taking leadership roles on Goonstation, since they open up a whole different type of roleplay and playstyle. I also enjoy helping others out, since it can make a round more enjoyable for everybody. Honesty I'm also applying because I just enjoy playing Security. It's where a lot of my main/favorite ss13 memories come from, so becoming more than just a security officer was always something I wanted to do.

Security experience (300 word minimum):
I'd like to say I have a lot of security experience. I've probably spent about half of my playtime in ss13 playing Secoff, and I've grown a lot since I started. I've played many shifts where nothing really happens, but I've also played many shifts where half of the station is burning down every 2 seconds. I'd say I have plenty of experience with "leadership" in security. I find myself trying to organize everything going on in the shift, and relaying that to other security members. I also try to give orders to people when there isn't a HoS, just so things won't spiral out of control and confuse everyone. I do think I could spend some more time trying to teach newer security members, which is something that I've done a few times, but not much. Not to say that I think I wouldn't be good at teaching a security newbie, it's just something that I haven't found the opportunity to do much. Most of my time in security has been a trial and error type of thing. Sometimes I make a wrong call, and I end up pissing a few people off. I try to take those mess-ups and use them to make my future security shifts better for others, though. Letting antags make their name is something important that security has to do, not just immediately shutting down any silly gimmick they have. I've spent a lot of time building that skill up, knowing when to step in with something. Most of the shifts I've played have been fun for both the antagonists and the crew, from what I hear about them. I've also had to handle a lot of self-antags, and members of security who don't always have the intentions to let others have fun with the round. I do my best to try and correct that behavior in-character, then decide how to move on from there. I don't think I'll ever have ALL of the security experience I could get, but I'm always trying to deepen my knowledge on how to properly handle things, and making sure people aren't left with a sour feeling after a round ends.

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?
    Don't limit yourself to only playing with one loadout/playstyle, swap it up! I've found that the way I play security drastically changes based on what kind of gear I'm using. Sometimes just being there to pick the team back up when they go down or just sitting at the security computer and managing the records can really help out.

• What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)
    One of my favorite security experiences happened early on in my time in security. I had said in OOC that I wanted help learning security, so Wander (now an admin) decided to join and help me out! He taught me what he knew, then we ended up getting a report from Medical that two other officers were acting kind of strange. There was an officer who was causing problems and not really acting how an officer should (for example: firing a taser into a crowd of doctors for not coughing up some money.) Overall, it was a really fun shift that taught me how members of security should and shouldn't act.

• Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.
    I've found myself being more harsh with punishments while I'm alone in security, since it's kind of hard to take down 2 people with wrestling gear and a wizard without a lot of security. On the other hand, I try to tone down how harsh I am with criminals when I'm in a full team. Being in a full security team also allows me some more freedom in the round, since I don't have to be as focused as I am when alone.

Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?
     I've always wanted to set up different types of training scenarios to run a security team through. For example, a mock hostage simulation. I haven't seen many things like that done, and I think it could help make security interactions more fun for everyone.

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):
Received a day ban about a year ago for not leaving an area I wasn't supposed to be in

Messages In This Thread
Jimbob Motha's HoS Application - by Lopdopgop - 08-21-2024, 03:15 PM
RE: Jimbob Motha's HoS Application - by klushy225 - 08-21-2024, 07:23 PM
RE: Jimbob Motha's HoS Application - by Zhail - 08-22-2024, 11:53 AM
RE: Jimbob Motha's HoS Application - by junori - 08-23-2024, 08:12 PM
RE: Jimbob Motha's HoS Application - by Carton - 08-27-2024, 03:42 PM