Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
More varied changeling stings
A bit back, we had a short lived solipsizine sting, which was quickly found to be 'UH-OH' due to people stacking it with the capu sting and that being very powerful.

I really like the idea of a solip sting, and think that just having LSD and capu can feel a bit repetitive, so i have an idea:

- Make all changeling stings share the same coolodown.
- Changelings start with the regular capu/neurotox sting and one extra sting of their choice(from a predetermined list).
- Changelings can unlock further sting options with increasing DNA cost if they so choose(still sharing one cooldown).

This would both increase the variance between changeling stings, and reduce the predictability of "oh, it's a changeling again, cool" the moment the capulettium effects kick in.
I've seen people come up with sting options quite a few times on discord, and from a quick search, i've compiled some options that showed up in conversation (Edit: loosely following the theme of stuff that generally is in animal stings for most of them):

- Capu or neurotox (as the standard knockout option)

- Tetrodotoxin (as a more silent, if slower lethal option)

- Hemotoxin, Cytotoxin, Neurodepressant (as more debilitating combat options)

- LSD, Solipsizine(could still be op??), Mimicotoxin, Rajaijah(maybe???) (as options for mind messing and confusing effects)

Thinking about some options maybe being stronger than others:
- There could be some bigger cooldown at play when using something stronger, so you take a while to recharge from it as a balancing measure

Messages In This Thread
More varied changeling stings - by colossusqw - 07-29-2024, 07:55 AM
RE: More varied changeling stings - by Lefinch - 07-29-2024, 01:04 PM
RE: More varied changeling stings - by Glamurio - 08-01-2024, 08:18 AM
RE: More varied changeling stings - by Kotlol - 08-01-2024, 08:57 AM
RE: More varied changeling stings - by JOELED - 08-05-2024, 06:14 AM
RE: More varied changeling stings - by freedo5 - 08-05-2024, 01:55 AM
RE: More varied changeling stings - by Cal - 08-05-2024, 07:40 AM
RE: More varied changeling stings - by Kotlol - 08-05-2024, 01:10 PM