Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
We should improve blobs somewhat
(07-26-2024, 09:35 PM)Kotomata Wrote: flamers used to have a cooldown of sorts, where the flamer would spawn hotspots, the blob tile would be damaged, and you would have to wait for the hotspots to clear for the blob tiles to be damageable via flamer again. now that this is gone, blob balance is more or less out of the window; many blob upgrades and structures make a lot more sense when you have the cooldown in mind, but are pointless without it

Adding back the cooldown would be great. Since how it currently stands, fire resistance for blobs doesn't offer you as much as before, because it only makes a crewmember refuel more commonly rather than offering bigger protection.

(07-26-2024, 09:35 PM)Kotomata Wrote: that aside i've always held the opinion blob should get some buffs to their earlygame and nerfs to their lategame, there was an idea floated for blob rounds that they would start on an asteroid/meteor or whatever and spread for a couple minutes before hitting the station, which I thought was pretty cool. as for late-stage blobs, its harder to say, because blob can upgrade infinitely. maybe blob upgrades should be capped so that they can be balanced more effectively? idk

Allowing a blob to spread beforehand before being shot at the station sounds cool, although I would want the blob having the ability to actually be able to choose where they are placed. Since a part of the fun is strategizing locations before planting. 
This would also get rid of just unlucky rounds where a crew finds the blob seconds after they plant, where - unless the crew is stupidly incompetent - its impossible for the blob to win. It also allows the band-aid fix of blobs being able to respawn if they are killed too quickly to be removed.

(07-26-2024, 09:35 PM)Kotomata Wrote: also while im here, can we remove the esoteric gamer mechanic "you spread slower when further away from nuclei"? is this even documented anywhere? i sure couldnt find it on the wiki page but maybe im blind. the whole point of blob is to spread as wide as possible so why does it invisibly slow down the further it gets from starting location? i dont like this mechanic one bit

I have never known this in my 2k+ hours of playing SS13.

(07-26-2024, 08:30 AM)Lord_earthfire Wrote: Good enough when the station has something else to take care off and laughable weak when its blob-only kinda sounds like the blob game mode itself is maybe in need of a closer look, if im honest.

Mid-round blobs honestly shouldn't even exist, its either even more stacked against the blob (Because cargo already has a large budget for flamethrowers, medical/botany has obtained a good quantity of medicine or a cheeky scientist luckily being able to use their BP flamethrower) or its stupidly easy for them (Since a good quantity of the crew might be dead because of the antags, allowing for only a few people to fight a blob, that is supposed to be fought by the entire station).

Messages In This Thread
RE: We should improve blobs somewhat - by IPingu - 07-26-2024, 07:32 AM
RE: We should improve blobs somewhat - by Comic - 07-26-2024, 08:46 AM
RE: We should improve blobs somewhat - by IPingu - 07-26-2024, 10:24 PM
RE: We should improve blobs somewhat - by Kotlol - 07-27-2024, 01:52 PM
RE: We should improve blobs somewhat - by Mouse - 07-27-2024, 03:28 PM
RE: We should improve blobs somewhat - by Mouse - 07-28-2024, 08:24 AM
RE: We should improve blobs somewhat - by mralexs - 07-28-2024, 08:26 AM
RE: We should improve blobs somewhat - by Mouse - 07-28-2024, 08:34 AM
RE: We should improve blobs somewhat - by Lefinch - 07-28-2024, 07:34 PM
RE: We should improve blobs somewhat - by Spoodle - 08-02-2024, 10:15 PM