Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
We should improve blobs somewhat
Blob definitely needs some changes, currently I've seen blobs getting stomped when its a round dedicated to them and only winning if their a mid-round antag spawn where the crew might already be struggling with its current antags.

With blob dedicated rounds, I would say the biggest problem is the flamethrower:
1. Its a weapon that completely destroys blobs who havent purchased fire-resistance, making it quite a heavy trap for newer players. 
2. With it being so powerfull, when the blob actually gets enough fire-resistance where it can match up to the flamethrower, the flamer is too weak by then. Where its damage is too little compared to the sufficiently sized blob.

I would suggest making it a much more specialized weapon compared to a jack-of-all-trades, with it being significantly effective against thick membrane cells while being only moderately good against any other cell (Lore-wise it would be more effective because its a lot more calory dense so it burns much better while other cells arent that calory dense, for the exception of lipid cells). With this smaller blobs wouldnt get completely crushed by them as it wouldnt be so terribly capable of destroying all tiles, yet also giving it an important role in the crew's toolkit for killing the blob.
Also, I would suggest removing the fire-resistance entirely. Making the player blob rely on their ectothermid cells and fire-resistant membranes. Which would make a flamethrower good throughout a blobs lifespan, from when it was small till it got big.

There are definitely other problems with blob. Like plasmaphylls and item devouring being way too reliant on the station geography, a station that is not designed for blob players to take advantage of such things. Or its lost potential of the crew being able to use chemical warfare against the blob, which I never see done since it takes too much preparation. 
Yet those are different problems from what I wanted to talk about right now. space bear

Messages In This Thread
RE: We should improve blobs somewhat - by IPingu - 07-26-2024, 07:32 AM
RE: We should improve blobs somewhat - by Comic - 07-26-2024, 08:46 AM
RE: We should improve blobs somewhat - by IPingu - 07-26-2024, 10:24 PM
RE: We should improve blobs somewhat - by Kotlol - 07-27-2024, 01:52 PM
RE: We should improve blobs somewhat - by Mouse - 07-27-2024, 03:28 PM
RE: We should improve blobs somewhat - by Mouse - 07-28-2024, 08:24 AM
RE: We should improve blobs somewhat - by mralexs - 07-28-2024, 08:26 AM
RE: We should improve blobs somewhat - by Mouse - 07-28-2024, 08:34 AM
RE: We should improve blobs somewhat - by Lefinch - 07-28-2024, 07:34 PM
RE: We should improve blobs somewhat - by Spoodle - 08-02-2024, 10:15 PM