Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
We should improve blobs somewhat
I feel like the opinion that blobs are a bit weak is a common one on classic currently. In my opinion, blobs are not entirely weak, a very good blob is still a very good blob. I think there's just been several factors that have come together to make their famously high skill floor even higher, these imo would be:
  • Captain's new ability to auth the armory, providing crew with earlier flamethrowers and even shotguns full of flare ammo on more blob rounds.
  • Relating to armory gear, blob nuclei only reflect energy projectiles, which means they can be very easily magdumped with flamethrowers, flare shots etc. I've seen this pretty often recently and it always seems like too quick of a kill.
  • Lower pop on average providing blob with less low-skilled players to feed on, along with increasing player competency over time.

Apart from that, some of my opinions on blob:
  • It's too difficult to stay hidden for a few minutes on many maps. I think this is entirely because of the randomness to their attack, making expanding through any door dangerous. You can break walls you didn't want broken and be spotted for it. I think there should either be a new, targeted attack abillity or just a change to the current one to let you delist blob tiles for attacking or something.
  • Space spawns are too crew sided, I think they naturally always will be crew sided too. A buff in some way to reflective walls and space bridges and/or another purchase option for dealing with space stuff would help though I think.
  • Fighting blob as crew is much less fun than playing blob, in my opinion. I think a common suggestion for this is to add some sort of spawns for the blob that are more tangible enemies to fight, and also would act as dead people respawns.

TL;DR I think there needs to be some changes to lower the blob skill floor just a little, without flatly buffing the blob when skilled players are already able to win.

Messages In This Thread
We should improve blobs somewhat - by CalliopeSoups - 07-26-2024, 06:00 AM
RE: We should improve blobs somewhat - by IPingu - 07-26-2024, 07:32 AM
RE: We should improve blobs somewhat - by Comic - 07-26-2024, 08:46 AM
RE: We should improve blobs somewhat - by IPingu - 07-26-2024, 10:24 PM
RE: We should improve blobs somewhat - by Kotlol - 07-27-2024, 01:52 PM
RE: We should improve blobs somewhat - by Mouse - 07-27-2024, 03:28 PM
RE: We should improve blobs somewhat - by Mouse - 07-28-2024, 08:24 AM
RE: We should improve blobs somewhat - by mralexs - 07-28-2024, 08:26 AM
RE: We should improve blobs somewhat - by Mouse - 07-28-2024, 08:34 AM
RE: We should improve blobs somewhat - by Lefinch - 07-28-2024, 07:34 PM
RE: We should improve blobs somewhat - by Spoodle - 08-02-2024, 10:15 PM