Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Add a drug that can cure Addiction
Firstly, i don't think addictions should be cureable at all, ever.

You are addicted, you aren't sleeping this away like a bad hangover. This also prevents the very unfun way of curing it currently like "sleeper for 3 minutes"

Secondly, addictions appearing should actually come from abuse of the chem, not from the accidental trip. Disease code should in general move away from the "rng to progress each tick" mechanics. But, like i said, thats a big rework

Thirdly, addictions should be actually problematic and have options for managing them.

Alcohol addictions can kill you if you suddendly stop drinking. Stuff like that would actually fit in our gameplay. Have doctors prescribe pills of tequila sunrise. And maybe have a chem that is a substitute for all addictions, but is ultimatively harmless and medium - easy to produce. That would shift addictions away from something you can simply cure and move it to something that doctors have to actually manage.

(07-13-2024, 04:56 AM)Mouse Wrote: Addictions aren't punishing enough, IMO.  Oh no, I'm addicted to a stamina-boosting chem with minimal or no downsides, whatever will I do?  Guess I'll just take more of it and never suffer a single penalty.  Make addicts receive fewer benefits from the chem they're addicted to, that's what I think.

I like this suggestion, really. Addicted people can have their "effect treshold" and their overdose treshold rise with the degree of the addiction.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Add a drug that can cure Addiction - by Mouse - 02-21-2023, 10:09 AM
RE: Add a drug that can cure Addiction - by Mouse - 07-13-2024, 04:56 AM
RE: Add a drug that can cure Addiction - by Cal - 07-14-2024, 12:12 PM
RE: Add a drug that can cure Addiction - by Lord_earthfire - 07-14-2024, 11:08 PM