Salevran Marendan- HOS application
This will is likely to be the only HoS application I actually comment on. Please bear in mind it comes with the caveat that I can't comment on Salevran's specific Security team work which I appreciate is an important part of the role. I would guess it's good going by our interactions over the engineering radio channel but I'd be remiss not to admit that I can't really comment on this. It's one of a few reasons I haven't and wouldn't comment on HoS applications. However, I happen to interact with Michael's characters often enough I feel like I can provide some useful insight to their general roleplay and engagement which I would argue are also pretty important as HoS.

Michael's characters are robust enough I can count a singular experience where I've come out on top, and it was one in which I'd significantly tipped the scales in my favour already. However, I would personally argue that their characters do not in fact get played "To win" and one thing I've observed interacting with them is that there is always a background thought to the drama or engagement of a moment. Some (but not all) examples include:

- Taking time while as a changeling to engage hivemind in an in-character hivemind roleplay that was so good I've stolen it since.
- Using the PDA to bluff, counterbluff, or RP engage with people while being an antagonist with people they aren't currently in front of. This is a useful inclusive routine that comes at the vulnerability of being potentially distracted.
- A good sense of dramatic pace, they'll work hard to build and escalate events. This is a consistent feature of their style and they both do it personally and in a broader fashion. -Everyone- in some fashion tends to end up knowing Salevran's a traitor.
- Inclusive collaborative use of syndicate intelligence (a criminally underutilised aspect) and mindhacks. Even when compelled, they've elected to do it in an engaging fashion that frankly makes it a pleasure to be so cajoled. 
-Intentionally metering their robustness to match a moment. I've observed an example round where their character has been equipped for a far more lethal approach that they've elected not to use in a situation to permit lengthier engagement with a security assistant, then switching to more lethal weaponry as the rest of security arrived on the scene. In the heat of a moment I cannot understate how useful a skill it is to be able to make this assessment and keep cool, essentially for the benefit of good story and pacing. 

Michael's characters are also consistently in character. They are undeniably a solid and reliable injection of roleplay into any situation that does not limit it to whether you know them well or not. They just are. 

I have absolutely no real idea beyond an occasional AI observer's perspective of how they interact with the security team in general, but I would assume the consistency in character elsewhere is the same. Michael is a level-headed, inclusive and RP-focused addition to any round and I can see this being a welcome part of the HoS team. +1

Messages In This Thread
RE: Salevran Marendan- HOS application - by Lefinch - 07-12-2024, 02:33 AM
RE: Salevran Marendan- HOS application - by Vinno - 07-12-2024, 10:22 PM
RE: Salevran Marendan- HOS application - by rdcb - 07-13-2024, 01:03 AM