Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
minimum point generation for kudzu people
Hi, Kudzumen creator here (well co creator along with AwkwardDryad).

To my shame, Kudzumen have been abandoned for what's now been years. Time really flies, I haven't done much development on my stuff since I've been working the last couple years.

I've lamented the semi-antagonistic nature of kudzumen for a while, when I initially made it I thought it filled a fun niche that hadn't been attempted since cluwnes, but it ended up being not as much fun as I would have hoped. It was a take on making a "conversion" "antag" because but I tried to circumvent the core problem with conversion antags of self-antagging. But that was also a failure, because I made them *too* un-fun and couldn't figure out how to make em more fun without making em more fun to play than a regular spaceman.

I've wanted to completely rework them and actually realize the main plans I had for them vis a vis them evolving and wanting to take over the Captain's Bonsai tree for their final stage of evolution... Turning them into a real antagonist, perhaps starting out in the asteroid field to give them some ability to grow unimpeded and letting them launch attacks on the station from there.

The main thing that's stopped me (other than laziness/burnout) is it would mean removing the Kudzuseed from traitors, but now that I think about it, that probably wouldn't be very hard to solve. Could force the seed to be planted in an asteroid tile or just trigger a spawning on some asteroid on z5 or wherever...

Messages In This Thread
RE: minimum point generation for kudzu people - by kyle2143 - 06-28-2024, 09:13 AM