Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Suggestion for a TC rebalance
I don't really particularly like the base idea of doubling the prices for more granularity, the higher the numbers go the more mental math you have to do to calculate what you're buying, and at most you'd be able to squeeze out an extra microbomb or something from this. I don't even really think most items would benefit much from it, if items have messed up prices that are unbalanced we're not gonna notice that they're *half* a TC too expensive/cheap. I don't think we should *have* items that are so weak and insignificant that they only cost (relative to now) 0.5 TC, we should buff up items like that. I've done this a bit myself ie: cham suit -> cham outfit, DNA scrambler change, grenades getting pouches for extra storage after you throw them

Also re above comment: I very strong don't like the idea of adding traitor "classes" or kits. Traitor is a gamemode about creatively using a large set of tools that give you a lot of options; if you add a "pick for me" option we're broadcasting to players "this is *a* correct way to make a build" and people are going to be more likely to default to picking that instead of carefully thinking about what they want/need. Surplus crates also break this rule but they at least (in theory) encourage you to branch out and use unconventional loadouts, having a "good generic loadout" button would take a lot of the fun out of it.

IMO the better approach to balancing traitor items is to buff up stuff that feels very weak/useless in most contexts, and (carefully) bop stuff that's so strong you wouldn't want to pick anything else at their price range. Price *is* a way to balance things but it's not really the only way we can do it, and most items don't actually have to be strictly equal in value, they just have to Feel Right at their price.

Messages In This Thread
Suggestion for a TC rebalance - by Lord_earthfire - 06-27-2024, 02:49 AM
RE: Suggestion for a TC rebalance - by Cal - 06-27-2024, 03:49 AM
RE: Suggestion for a TC rebalance - by Kotlol - 06-27-2024, 05:17 AM
RE: Suggestion for a TC rebalance - by Soleil - 06-27-2024, 05:59 AM
RE: Suggestion for a TC rebalance - by Flaborized - 06-27-2024, 07:06 AM
RE: Suggestion for a TC rebalance - by meaow589 - 06-27-2024, 08:15 AM
RE: Suggestion for a TC rebalance - by Flaborized - 06-28-2024, 05:40 AM