Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Have job titles show up under players with ALT hover-over
I am surprised by the responses to this idea, do people not already examine click people they don't recognize or who are suspicious? If I'm an Engineer and a person in a full spacesuit walks in, I am examining that person immediately. As a long time player, I examine click people so so so SO much that I would love this as simple QoL.

As for the whole "but this ruins sneaky antags!", does it really? It seems like a lot of you are confused on how the ALT feature works. When you hold ALT, nothing magical happens, you have to specifically hold ALT and hover your mouse over a specific person for their name and pronouns to show up. Only AI, observers and Cyborgs don't need to do so. Meaning this suggestion would purely eliminate the chatlog spam and save you a single click. 

In the salvager staffie example, the Captain would have to hold ALT and hover their mouse over the staffie to see the text, and we can simply have nothing show up if they are lacking an ID or something. But why would the Captain do that when they haven't bothered to examine them in the first place? In the Security Officer example from Kotlol, the Security Officer would have to hold ALT and hover over everyone running past them. And if they are stopping people for not having an ID, that's pretty lame.

Just a few days ago I had a chameleon outfit and a holographic disguiser and so so so many random people would just walk up to me, janitors or doctors, and be like "why are you wearing a blank ID". So it's already pretty difficult to be sneaky in a world where random people just examine click everyone. This change would make it so newbees can easier orient themselves, and regulars get to avoid chatspam and one more click.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Have job titles show up under players with ALT hover-over - by Soleil - 06-27-2024, 02:19 AM