Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Have job titles show up under players with ALT hover-over
While it sounds like a QoL idea.. this idea.. has some HUGE IMPLICATIONS.

Let me explain how. Holding alt reveals the name and title (aka their job) to anyone in your vicinity.
It does something else as well. Make people who aren't trying to run their ID be very visibile to security.

Mostly antagonists who wear clothing of a different department but haven't gotten an ID for it yet. So when they ran past a security officer that happens to be holding alt, the officer sees: "UNKNOWN" or "Antagy McTagonist - No ID" Now instantly the antagonist will be pulled over by the security officer and an encounter will happen.
EVERY SINGLE TIME.

As also noted in previous posts. Anyone who presses alt in those departments will see you and instantly snitch on you.

By having to click to examine them allows them to avoid the click and it allows a person to only focus one person to examine.

While I agree this floods your chatbox...and it is annoying as FUUUUUUUUUUCK. What you suggest isn't a QoL, it's a straight nerf to disguising with no ID or the wrong ID.

I think what you rather want is if you examine someone it gives a pop up window insted. And insted of multiplue examines in your chatlog... This pop up window will only show 1 person at a time you examine. Thus nerfing scrolling up to "remember" what someone was wearing for example.

I think this is a better idea so it doesn't clog the radio chatter with the wrong examines or the right one or spamming it on accident and at the same time allowing players to keep that information open on the side.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Have job titles show up under players with ALT hover-over - by Kotlol - 06-27-2024, 01:58 AM