Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Thoughts and suggestions on medical department
an important element I think people are glancing over in this thread is how fun it is to be on the other side of these proposed doctoring changes - the one being treated, not the one treating them. a lot of proposed solutions do seem very fun to treat, but they don't really provide a patient experience other than to Sit There For A While, sometimes in a way that doesn't even allow the patient to eavesdrop on nearby conversations while it's happening. this is kind of an issue with a lot of medical's Loop as a whole, to be fair; more complexity would be great, but it's difficult to come up with a solution that adds more for the doctors while also still providing an interesting experience for the patient, rather than just giving them another reason to have to go to medbay.

the social upside of cloning is that it allows people to get back into a round relatively quickly after death, but also doesn't force anyone to stick around if they die and decide they've had enough of this round. I've played a few rounds on a tg fork, and had a round where surgery to revive me took Literally An Hour total, because I would just reach the death threshold instantly after being revived and all I could do was attempt to say something, which would then kill me again. it was not a fun experience. in my opinion, any proposed nerfs to cloning need to either not interfere with its efficiency, or provide just as efficient an alternative

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thoughts and suggestions on medical department - by Waffleloffle - 06-23-2024, 05:03 PM