Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Thoughts and suggestions on medical department
(06-22-2024, 09:04 AM)colossusqw Wrote: Medical, imo, cannot both be an easy role anyone can instantly be effective at [...] and be interesting to master in the long run at the same time.

When it comes to this notion in a vacuum, my take is that obvious mechanics to deal with the basic damage types are all that's needed to make the medical role accessible to new players. A lot of issues that people show up in medbay for wind up just being fixable by automenders or charcoal. I think it's fine that these basic medical mechanics make new players effective as doctors to approximately the degree that they do.

So adding complexity on top of the four damage types does, in my opinion, allow the medical role to be something that someone can immediately be effective to enough of an extent, and also be interesting in the long run. Jimmy the Newbie can very easily tell how to heal the brute damage of the guy who got beat up by the clown - I think that works well. Jimmy the Newbie has no idea how to cope with the guy whose lungs just got stolen and is now suffocating to death in the lobby - I think that also works well.

Of course as it stands now Jimmy probably knows exactly how to cope with the guy whose lungs just got stolen because Jimmy has been cloned before; that's the issue in my mind.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thoughts and suggestions on medical department - by Egregorious - 06-22-2024, 10:11 AM