Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Thoughts and suggestions on medical department
(06-22-2024, 04:42 AM)Lord_earthfire Wrote:
(06-22-2024, 04:14 AM)Egregorious Wrote: I believe Kotlol's point is that the floor needs to be maintained to some extent even while the ceiling is raised.

I agree. What i think is also thst we have to accept that once we start to raise the skill ceiling, more people will die in medbay and  likely stay dead for longer.

Death having more impact on a round is absolutely a good thing, especially for RP servers. It's a bit too trivial to die and come back which takes a lot of the drama out of, yknow, what should be a pretty big deal. I'd advocate for cloning to be made more difficult, as many others here have. There's simply no point to healing someone in deep crit to full when you could just let them die and clone them in as much time, outside of roleplay. What should be an exhillerating and heroic process to bring someone back from the brink just being a waste of time and resources doesn't feel great.

I agree with egregorious' idea on organ damage as a long-term form of damage that requires higher effort to fix. Back when I played a bunch of doctor, I was really excited about the organ update adding some much needed depth, but I feel the organ system hasn't truly matured outside of the bionic replacements in the time since.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thoughts and suggestions on medical department - by cyberTripping - 06-22-2024, 07:18 AM