Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Thoughts and suggestions on medical department
(06-18-2024, 02:46 AM)gleb09 Wrote: It's a pretty trivial solution to make doctoring more viable than cloning. You make cloning take more work. The clone comes out in crit with damage in all sections, limbs missing, organ damage etc. who cares if players moan? Players want the easiest way out possible even at the cost of gameplay.

Interact with another department?
No thanks, I'd rather have all of that department in this one so I can do it myself.

Medbay often gets bombed?
I don't want to prep the medbay in case that happens I'd rather everything already be here before the round starts.

People use the cloner because it's too good and make doctoring easy. I want more people to do doctoring. Medkits and portamed are strong and make doctoring easy. Let's get rid of medkits and portamed.

This is the problem with SS13 in general.
It's independecy vs interaction and gameplay.

Some jobs are more independ but are needed like science.

With medbay... it's the most difficult one to balance. Cause any changes to it... will be at the determinent of other players. Wich flows over to the other problems.
Like if medbay can't heal the engineer, the engineer can't fix medbay if it gets damaged.

I think this is why medbay is a prime target to being attacked. Cause disable medbay... you can disable everything else.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thoughts and suggestions on medical department - by Kotlol - 06-18-2024, 05:10 AM