Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
change nuke ops marksman rifle to a bolt-action
(06-13-2024, 09:25 PM)Lord_earthfire Wrote:
(06-13-2024, 04:37 PM)Kotomata Wrote: i have reasons but im not going to elaborate because i don't care to argue them

Sounds to me like you got robusted by a nukie sniper.

But on topic, i thought the sniper rifle was already special enough. A bolt action sniper could be interesting for salvagers, though.
to defend my honor this post was made after a discord discussion which followed an ops round in which i was a nuke op, not a crew member
my OP here was dumb though, better to not say anything at all than to embellish about not elaborating

to make up for it ill add to the discussion a bit
tracers + a laser sight (showing where marksman is aiming) would be great for making it more obvious what's happening when there's a marksman player and giving crew more counterplay to a class that currently has very little (RIP perfect barrier reflecting)
i proposed a fire rate decrease because the DPS on the sniper is insane, 80 damage AP through walls with 0 buildup, knight at least has to get into melee and hit people to charge the sword, marksman just gets to shoot through armor for free, so slower fire-rate to compensate would temper it a bit
overall i think marksman deserves some form of nerf 'cause the main limiting factor it has right now is ammo, which doesn't scale with population and doesn't really stop you from killing the entire sec team and captain (iirc its 30 shots, enough to crit 15 people or outright kill 7 assuming 2 and 4 shots per person respectively)
also i have no real opinion on an active reload, if it slows down firerate thats great but something like riot shotgun where you just spam C wouldnt really help

Messages In This Thread
RE: change nuke ops marksman rifle to a bolt-action - by Kotomata - 06-16-2024, 05:58 PM