Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Basic Lore Page
As the page currently stands it feels a lot like a RP-contextualisation of the basic rules: Explanation of why we want to keep our jobs so on. It's probably sensible to keep it this light to allow more freedom for people's interpretation beyond that as hungry as I am for any little scrap of lore. I do really like the acknowledgement of the game requiring some mechanics being abstracted. I think that's a commonly accepted thing but sometimes it's a sticking point for people.
It would probably be good to tie and link together the rules and Guide to RP pages to this, as both have a natural link.

I personally think it's all great, but if there was something to potentially nitpick it's this line: "On-station bars, meals and lodging provided, genetic augmentation to be the lizard person of your dreams, something drew your character to its halls and your character should, in general, want to keep it that way."
Being incredibly nitpicky: Meals are not, unless you're a lucky miner on Nadir or came with a packed lunch provided per se in all cases. Frankly that's the best issue I've got and I think the concept that we don't have to fly to space Wendys for lunch is understood, but it could be changed to something like "On-station bars, places to eat and lodging provided" in that semi-corporatese way of suggesting that benefit without hinting at the downside that the barman/chef/vending machine might actually charge you for anything that isn't tap water. The only reason I bring it up is that chefs/bartenders seem really nervous about charging people as is at times.

Messages In This Thread
Basic Lore Page - by UrsulaMejor - 06-15-2024, 12:12 AM
RE: Basic Lore Page - by Lord_earthfire - 06-15-2024, 01:47 AM
RE: Basic Lore Page - by Lefinch - 06-15-2024, 02:15 AM
RE: Basic Lore Page - by Kotlol - 06-15-2024, 03:55 AM
RE: Basic Lore Page - by dwahgon - 06-15-2024, 10:30 AM
RE: Basic Lore Page - by meaow589 - 06-18-2024, 02:59 AM