Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Thoughts and suggestions on medical department
(06-12-2024, 06:44 PM)Snowy Wrote: Yeah, pre scanning should still be a thing. Maybe focus the nerf(s) on scanning already dead people? IDK, I think that may cause issues of its own.

I like your idea of making cloning less simple than pressing a button, but there still needs to be a good reason to use other methods of healing over cloning. I remember hearing someone bring up the idea of biomatter being more scarce of a resource. Although I’m unsure I’m not sure if that would be enough of a deterrent unless if it was completely finite.

I have been interested in seeing changes to cloning as well. It is kind of shocking how many people either don't get scans because they don't think about it or feel it is inconvenient to what they're doing, yet die due to their job having risks (i.e. mining). I like the idea that penalizing people for not getting scans with possibly more defects should they be scanned dead.

I also like the idea of making cloning a bit more of an interactive process, perhaps one that can be done by anyone, but better done by anyone within medical. I've had thoughts on reducing cloning to medically trained personnel, but there are so many times when there are no doctors, roboticists, or willing geneticists to clone someone.

My thoughts on organ damage is that I think is that it's too easy to ignore entirely and absolutely too resource intensive to heal the organ, assuming you don't use either omnizine or calomel in conjunction with the cryotubes. With how long it takes to heal kidneys/liver with anti-toxin chemicals or the lungs with oxy chemicals, I've always thought it was weird to heal a lung that had been shredded by buckshot with just salbutamol or perf. Why not introduce surgery practice to mend the organs? There are quite a few doctors that are itching to do surgery at the drop of a hat, so this would allow for some semblance of it and could be introduced into the radial wheel system already put in place.

I think my final thoughts on medical is that I compare it to a Nascar pit stop crew, where the entirety of medical pounces one patient. The objective is to get them on their feet and out the door ASAP, but sometimes it feels odd that a guy rolls in on the verge of death [150 brute, 30 burn, 80 oxy] and can waddle away at full health in less than 15 seconds [I've even done the timer bit while in observer]. I have thought on this for a long time now and most ideas I've had on this have either just not sounded good to me or I have seen others suggest and got shot down.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thoughts and suggestions on medical department - by Azurnite - 06-14-2024, 07:59 AM