Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Thoughts and suggestions on medical department
(06-12-2024, 04:24 PM)Kotlol Wrote: I'd like to point out, SR is does not revive you if you get gibbed or blown up. Wich some jobs are prone to expirence... clone scanning and then being cloned is the ONLY way to avoid it.

I do like the robotic hearts revive too, but again.. that's a new SR problem. Maybe another chemical that could revitalize the brain and body to make it ready to be revived outside of SR could be made that requires a robotic heart to spread it to make it work.

But.. as I said.. nerfing cloning is buffing gibbing/exploding people is buffing changelings killing and absorbing players who are cloned scanned is buffing wraith's who decay bodies.

That is the underlying issue with why people do not think clone nerfing is needed. Especially since it's also a hot target for rampagers to take out.

If we want to revive players better... alternatives to cloning is one thing.. but we simply need to make cloning more interactive , while we can keep the automated version... if a manual cloning exists where you can pull off perfect cloning with 0 issues. Then you can NERF automated cloning and make defects more intense.

NOT: Here is another way to revive, so let's nerf cloning.
Since cloning is also insuring yourself from death by being pre-scanned and if you nerf that safety net... you will get miners who are prone to being gibbed on your butt.

Yeah, pre scanning should still be a thing. Maybe focus the nerf(s) on scanning already dead people? IDK, I think that may cause issues of its own.

I like your idea of making cloning less simple than pressing a button, but there still needs to be a good reason to use other methods of healing over cloning. I remember hearing someone bring up the idea of biomatter being more scarce of a resource. Although I’m unsure I’m not sure if that would be enough of a deterrent unless if it was completely finite.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thoughts and suggestions on medical department - by Snowy :D - 06-12-2024, 06:44 PM