Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.11 Average
[PR] Contributor Rewards accessible to all
(06-12-2024, 10:54 AM)Zamujasa Wrote: those people can make their opinions known instead of being maybe spoken for by you [...]

Oh, it wasn't meant to be only me speaking for others. It's an opinion i myself have and that i have also read from others on the discord and also partially saw on this thread. It was just meant to be a kind of try to summerize a position that causes some pushback within this thread that i myself share.

(06-12-2024, 10:54 AM)Zamujasa Wrote: personally i enjoy playing this game with a cast of somewhat recognizable, visually-distinct people; i am not here to play, and do not want to play, with a bunch of visually-similar NPCs, or to even think of other players as "random numbers"; and even then, nothing stops a HoP or whoever from demoting / promoting people. if you can't do that because someone looks too interesting, that's a big skill issue on your part.

There is a middle ground between a grey corporate drone and everyone trying to be a main character and one-of-their-kind. And people manage to create recognizeable and distinct characters via behaviour, hair, speech, backstory and clothing. It would be sad if it wouldn't be possible. It's not that it's not impossible to play along with the real whacky characters, quite the contrary, but it's that it sticks out in a way that doesn't quite fit. It's a small gripe, after all.

(06-12-2024, 11:12 AM)Mordent Wrote: At the end of the day, this is a matter of individual aesthetic preference. Everyone is going to have different ideas on where the line should be drawn here. Moving the line in either direction from its current position is always going to meet resistance and upset someone (or upset those who want it moved if you don't move it).

Yeah, i feel that summerizes this best.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PR] Contributor Rewards accessible to all - by Lord_earthfire - 06-12-2024, 12:29 PM