Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Basic tutorials on log-in screen
[Image: w6hB3Md.png]

people regularly don't read these and they've been on the title screen / in the in-game chat for literally years at this point.

imo, the whole reason the "pre-game show" works as it does is because it's live; you have a literal person there going "hey, pay attention to this".

tg seems to have an "interactive" (obnoxious) tutorial that i couldn't skip when i tried to play on monke. it happened in game, in the middle of action (full screen overlays trying to get me to use hands, and of course because i did something out of order it bugged out, apparently demanding i use a specific hand for it). i wouldn't recommend something like that.

an in-game tutorial area has been proposed countless times as a place new people could join in, and it could even offer some job-specific items / tips and the like. the problem is that you would have to not only make it (tough enough as it is) but also make it instanced, so that you could have e.g. 5 players going through the tutorial but without bumping into one another or fucking it up

and then you'd have to figure out how to add it into the game proper; does it become an option on the title screen? how do you handle someone going into it / leaving it? etc, etc.

Messages In This Thread
Basic tutorials on log-in screen - by Kotlol - 06-10-2024, 08:43 AM
RE: Basic tutorials on log-in screen - by Zamujasa - 06-12-2024, 11:41 AM
RE: Basic tutorials on log-in screen - by Kotlol - 06-12-2024, 04:17 PM
RE: Basic tutorials on log-in screen - by Lefinch - 06-12-2024, 11:43 AM