Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
What should be done about random engines
(06-12-2024, 02:02 AM)Glamurio Wrote: I quite like random engines, though I'd prefer the "choose your own engine" approach we had solidly for a bit. As opposed to many other jobs, engineers often have to make the additional choice of "do I want to play this engine" vs. "do I want to play this map". By mixing up engines, it gives the department a bit more control about the way they want to play, which is standard for all other departments.

I'm pretty much on par with this: I like the conceptual idea of Engine-In-A-Box. I will however play devil's advocate for singularity on cog1: Accidents are funny, and singulos on cog1 have a high anecdotal opportunity for accidents. I get it can be frustrating, but sometimes people really do just blow up the station in a whoopsie and it's lead to some fun moments. One round that's high on my list of favourites is this exact scenario happening, and the station deciding engineering was now a "local home-grown organically farmed situation" Cargo ordered a ton of local generators. Botany insisted on hamster wheel power for extra green points, fun was had. 
but maybe this is the compromise if people aren't a fan: Let the CE/Engine team decide what they'd like to work with. I wouldn't want to get rid of it entirely, it just adds a little extra potential fun.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What should be done about random engines - by Lefinch - 06-12-2024, 11:26 AM