Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.11 Average
[PR] Contributor Rewards accessible to all
(06-11-2024, 10:54 PM)Lord_earthfire Wrote: I think i run into the danger here off touching something off-topic here, but i feel like a lot of people, on RP at least, don't really like it to see... let's call it creative use of naming and customizing mechanics.

those people can make their opinions known instead of being maybe spoken for by you, imo, esp because

Quote:I've seen people having their first name "DR." or people play litteral cyborgs being put into human skin suits and other akward configurations. Personsally, i am not a fan of these already and this PR will make this development even worse (mind you, i stil accept them existing and play with it, but its an oddball for me)

i genuinely do not understand people who have hangups over someone having "doctor" as part of their first name and i don't think i ever will. that is an actual title you can have in real life and interacting with anyone at a basic care place will have you hearing many people referred to as "doctor [lastname]".

Quote:If we want the common crewmember to be visually unique, distinct and the station population to be a ragtag group of fancy/unique main-characters, then yeah, this PR is great.

If we want to common crewmember to be a number in the system and want NT to tell their employeee "i don't care sbout your fancy degree, you are a fucking janitor now", this PR isn't a great idea.

personally i enjoy playing this game with a cast of somewhat recognizable, visually-distinct people; i am not here to play, and do not want to play, with a bunch of visually-similar NPCs, or to even think of other players as "random numbers"; and even then, nothing stops a HoP or whoever from demoting / promoting people. if you can't do that because someone looks too interesting, that's a big skill issue on your part.

fwiw i also strongly disagree with the "just play a lizard!" because that comes with its own host of customization drawbacks and gameplay issues (and a trait point, to add insult to injury).

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PR] Contributor Rewards accessible to all - by Zamujasa - 06-12-2024, 10:54 AM