Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
What should be done about random engines
Coming back to this because continued discussion of it in the discord (and being stuck in a car ride for three hours) has inspired me. I feel strongly that replacing random engine with the choose your own engine will do very little at best towards solving issues people have with the random engine setup. You still don't know what engine it's going to be before you go in, it's just now that decision is at the whims of your coworkers instead of random chance -- something that will definitely cause in-round friction and irritation between engineering staff because as opposed to a map vote where it's anonymous by virtue of scale, you're working with a voting process of like 3 engineers and a CE so everyone will be decently certain of who picked the engine you didn't want lol. It's not going to solve people who don't feel comfortable queueing for a map whose engine they don't know, and it's not going to solve people who feel that the current random engine prefabs don't measure up to the dedicated maps engines to a degree that makes it unplayable for them. I just don't see what it would solve IRT random engines, and frankly don't like how weirdly out of place gameplaywise it is even if it was somehow tied into the ABCU or something. I dislike cog1s random engine, but I dislike it being replaced with an increased chance of the engine choice more.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What should be done about random engines - by JOELED - 06-12-2024, 09:36 AM