Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Thoughts and suggestions on medical department
(06-10-2024, 03:07 PM)Snowy Wrote: Doctors need better access to alternative methods of revival other than cloning. In its current state, cloning is so powerful to the point where it can be more efficient to use than treating people regularly, but it can’t be nerfed in any meaningful way because its pretty much the only way to revive a dead person. I also feel that it can often make the doctors’ jobs redundant since anyone can use the cloner and, 9 times out of 10, the patient comes out of the pod exactly as they would if a doctor went through the trouble of actually healing them. I think it would be interesting if doctors started out with a dropper containing 5u of strange reagent and made cloning not so absurdly powerful. Cloning should be used as a last resort, not the most efficient option.

Embalming fluid needs to be used by medbay staff more often, but there is only a 30u bottle in the morgue. That needs to change, especially if SR revival becomes more commonplace as I am hoping it will..

yeah the Port-a-Med is kinda ridiculous… I wouldn’t be opposed to changing it.

Pharmacy is kinda in a weird spot. It kinda sucks that it takes away from potential chem requests, but at the same time there wont always be chemists willing to take requests. In fact, it’s kinda rare to see a scientist taking a request. Perhaps a dedicated chemist/pharmacist role should become a thing, or maybe give MD access to chemistry instead.

The dialysis machine stops the absurd tox damage from missing/dead organs. It makes surgery actually doable.

Roboticists’ only purpose in life is to put borg modules into the computer, and to me that is tragic.

If there is one change that needs to be made for medsci, it would be to STOP PUTTING THE MONKEY PEN NEXT TO THE OPERATING THEATRE. I CANNOT STAND NEEDING TO PRINT OUT TOOLS EVERY TIME I PERFORM A SURGERY BECAUSE MONKEYS STEAAL THEM NONSTOP AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-

Hadn't thought about it, but your takes on cloning are very accurate. It is oftentimes easier to literally clone someone than it is to keep them from dying. This should never be the case. I also vehemently agree with SR becoming commonplace, that's a band-aid fix. Honestly, cloning should just be more dangerous. I want more weird birth defects, missing limbs and organs, spawning as weird mutant races should be the norm, that gives everyone a motivation to avoid cloning at all costs, especially on RP.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thoughts and suggestions on medical department - by Glamurio - 06-12-2024, 06:08 AM