Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
What should be done about random engines
I'm not a huge fan of the random engine on cog1, but I also don't like the "choose your own engine" terminal in its current state so would recommend it be adjusted somehow like romayne said if it's to become more common. The one time I saw it in round it ended up just being the guy who spawned in the engine room immediately hitting the engine he wanted and everyone else going well okay I guess it's a singulo now lol.

My main problem with the random engine stems from the fact I've seen many other people say they won't roll engi on cog1 because they don't like not knowing what engine it'll be, and it does feel like I end up being the solo engi on there way more than maps where people can know in advance. Instead of the choose your own engine terminal becoming more common, I would prefer the current engine to be visible in the top right section where it says the map we're playing on so people can choose to roll engi or not with that knowledge. I'm really not sure how feasible that would be from the code side of things, but it was discussed last year as an option so wanted to bring it up again.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What should be done about random engines - by JOELED - 06-12-2024, 05:43 AM