Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.11 Average
[PR] Contributor Rewards accessible to all
(06-11-2024, 01:43 AM)Retrino Wrote:
(06-08-2024, 12:30 PM)Zamujasa Wrote: edit: here's a better example with (random) hairstyles
[Image: UyrsZoy.png]

the hairs seem to be more of the issue than anything in the image. if those are hairs from random appearance spawning, it seems like more of a point toward refining how they roll. anything will look bad when layered with several eye bleeding colors of bangs or half of a hairstyle, skin color aside. we do have variables for them already, but it could be a good idea to make them all one color as well? it also just seems odd that someone would go through the trouble of picking traits, especially an appearance modifying trait, if they were going to roll a random appearance. if the goal Was to make an incredibly gruesome design, crimes against aesthetics done purposefully can already be done pretty easily, showcased here by the clash of hairs, clothing, and other existing traits like plant arms coming into play.

they are random hair styles as chosen by 10 units of unstable omega hairgrownium, because i didn't care to try and come up with "normal" examples, and because imo it wouldn't be a fair comparison if they were chosen intentionally to look "nice". the colors i picked for skin color were semi-random (mostly just tried to pick saturated colors i hadn't yet)

because the same thing about hair applies to players: generally speaking most people want to look coherent and nice, and thus you aren't going to get a constant mess of technicolor hues. but it feels like we have to work from the assumption that every single person will want to look like a foil trading card and there's not really anything one can say about that beyond shrugging.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PR] Contributor Rewards accessible to all - by Zamujasa - 06-11-2024, 03:18 PM