Complaint Polite complaint suggested by a friend
Admin: Mir/@xkeeper on Discord (unsure of ckey)

Server: Classic, but this mostly happened over Discord

Date + time: 06.06.2024. around 23:50 GMT+2

Synopsis:
Mir held a pre-game admin event/show, and I thought it would be funny to say "boo get off the stage" as a joke. What I didn't know is that she usually gets comments/harassment like this from toxic people who genuinely mean what they say, especially on Classic. I got my character superfarted on and a 5 minute ban for this (at the time I thought Mir said this as a joke, especially because the superfart was kinda funny). None of this even really affected me since I wasn't planning on joining that round.
While I do I was in the wrong for saying that now and that I should've thought about what I was saying more, out of principle I don't think a ban, no matter how short, was needed here. An admin PM would've sufficed and I feel like the whole situation could've passed the same except without what happened next.

After the round I commented in #space-chat about how I found the superfart execution funny, and Mir responded with a ban log of somebody else who made an ahelp saying "this show sucked". I asked Mir if she seriously decided to give a 5 minute ban for the two of us, to which she said yes and told me she gets a lot of harassment like this and that she talks about it in chat a lot. I said I didn't know as I don't play RP /look at #space-chat often, I said I felt like the ban was unfair, but whatever what's done is done, and apologised... to which my apology got completely ignored multiple times, I get called a shithead and was told to stop arguing. Fair enough, I didn't want to flood chat with this, especially because at this point the bans wore off like nothing happened, but I did see them in chat about half an hour later and apologised for the third time, and got completely ignored again.

Extra information/TLDR: I don't really care what happens, I just don't want to be on bad terms with anyone and wish my apology gets acknowledged, optionally accepted, and I get one back if Mir feels like giving me one.

PS I have almost the entire admin event recorded and can send the video from my perspective if need be

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
Polite complaint suggested by a friend - by zedorfska - 06-09-2024, 09:19 AM