Kara's Mentor Application
I like Kara as a player, and I think they could make a fine mentor - if she adjusts herbehavior somewhat.

Having game knowledge gives a very striking advantage over other players that I think a mentor needs to be very careful to not abuse - and I think sometimes Kara can go a little bit overboard - grabbing sechuds every roundstart when she plays HoP lately, etc.

The most prominent anecdote that comes to mind is the shift where I was an arcfiend using a really obvious (and really funny) stomper trap to cause some chaos on a lowpop shift (I believe the average population of the shift was about 25). I didn't go out and actively murder people, but my trap was causing chaos to people that walked into it - I think it was fair to say I deserved to die as an antag, or at least that it was justified to kill me.

What I'm not sure is justified is that Kara, as the captain that shift, used her game knowledge to acquire 3(I think 3?) Alastor rifles from the location where they spawn and 4 claretine-coated power cells to spend the next half-hour hunting me down while there were 2 to 3 security officers in the round.

Overall, I would say that Kara has the brains to become mentor, but I think they need to find a better balance between doing fun things and making sure they're not using what they know in an overbearing way - I would also suggest focusing slightly less on catching antagonists when playing captain and HoP.

I do want to note that I don't mean this as a personal attack - I've played with Kara for almost my entire time playing SS13, and I know she's a decent person who does genuinely want to help out.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kara's Mentor Application - by meaow589 - 05-12-2024, 11:08 PM
RE: Kara's Mentor Application - by cheekybrdy - 05-15-2024, 01:43 AM
RE: Kara's Mentor Application - by George_Manning - 06-04-2024, 07:01 PM
RE: Kara's Mentor Application - by jan.antilles - 07-18-2024, 02:29 PM