Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
[MERGED PR] Makes Stowaway a latejoin role
(05-26-2024, 03:20 PM)Solenoid Wrote: I don't know, I don't really agree with this approach. I'd prefer to just keep stowaway as a trait, but perhaps limit players from playing security/command roles. I think there's real gimmick potential in a stowaway chef, bartender, botanist, etc. that would be totally removed through this change and it'd instead just make 2 players into glorified maint goblins.

I think the fun of stowaway is that you are a role, but not officially. Is that because you snuck on? Did your records just get corrupted and you lost your ID? Are you trying to be a representative of some secret organization who can't leave a paper trail? I think there's a ton of great options there that expand beyond what the stowaway job is trying to be that'd be closed off with this change.

I really really can see where you're coming from with this, but characters being an unofficial role is exactly the problem. So long as they are able to select a role, they'll see themselves as that role; this naturally leads to many players wanting the access of that role, and the PDA of that role... which completely defeats the point of picking stowaway.

If there were some way to get players to stop joining the crew as stowaway, that might honestly be a better solution, but I couldn't think of one. A change that was suggested recently was to randomize the clothes you get as a stowaway; hopefully this helps with blending in (and makes the process of assembling a disguise from a sous-chef hat, botanist jumpsuit, and scientist shoes much more interesting)

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PR] Makes Stowaway a latejoin role - by mintyphresh - 05-27-2024, 05:32 AM
RE: [PR] Makes Stowaway a latejoin role - by Cal - 05-27-2024, 08:08 AM