Thread Rating:
  • 22 Vote(s) - 4.09 Average
i think it's time to try player caps.
(05-18-2024, 04:16 PM)Cal Wrote:
(05-18-2024, 01:54 PM)Glamurio Wrote: I like to have the game open in the background sometimes when a round is, let's say, at 70 minutes or so as I wait for it to end to join the next round.

We have discord commands that dm you when a round is starting.
While that is correct, we also have a specific amount of time before the game starts in which to prepare, and certain people have slow computers. Additionally, we run this game on a system that actively makes you wait to play unless you pay money. Before I upgraded my computer, loading times meant I pretty frequently missed roundstart or had to scramble due to that waiting period + network lag + loading time. Especially if you want to change something about your character or job preferences.

Additionally, I dislike the idea of having people be completely unable to join the server for the simple reason of how our save system works. If I had a character not cloud saved and the server was full, I'd be unable to access that save and that character for potentially multiple hours. This could and undoubtedly will lead to people making the decision to simply not play if they can't get onto the server they want. And if they forget to transfer the save over at a later time, then the problem will repeat itself.

Messages In This Thread
RE: i think it's time to try player caps. - by Carton - 05-23-2024, 06:29 PM