Dr. Puggers - HoS application
Usual character name: Dr. Puggers
BYOND username: NcDuve
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Dr.Puggers (snufkin2708)
Recommended by (if applicable):
Goon servers you play: Morty

Reason for application: Often play in rounds when there's no HoS available. During some shifts we'd have to calm down secoffs who are too keen on dishing out too harsh of sentences to antags we've caught, sometimes those antags being newer players who got caught red handed or were just setting up their gimmicks for the round. As well as spiefs who get their PDA's confiscated early on in the round, which ruins the fun for everyone. I'm well aware that even though extended rounds exist, SS13 rounds with all antags dealt with early on are not really all that fun. Other departments get more stuff to do once the antags actually go through with their plans. 

Security experience (300 word minimum): Even though I lately main Detective, I've had most of my playtime in security. I've dealt with most, if not all antags in the game, know the space law, know about showing 'compassion' so to speak- to keep the round running and interesting. I personally believe that I know when to brig for smaller crimes, when to overlook some things if the player is newer. Been on the both sides of the interrogation table, always observed what other officers were doing in different situations. 

What advice would you give to other sec players?
  Security is not an army of one. Cooperation and communication with not just other security officers, but other crew is key to solving crimes that may occur during a shift.

What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)
  Having the entire securify force stand up to the captain who attempted to wrongfully demote me. Security went on strike, captain hired a few crewmates as a militia. Either a board member or a lawyer came, lawsuit filed, captain ran. Ended up arresting the captain and HoP taking over.

Security comradery- wins again

What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?
  Don't really see any changes that might help... Other than the fact that ditching insuls used in crimes makes the job much much harder. However that's not an issue that I've noticed happening alot. 

Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.
  During full security teams, I mostly try to get everyone to focus on one crime individually to cover more ground and get through the details quicker. Most security officers that I've noticed tend to go a little easier on crimers when there's many of us. 
In contrast, when I'm alone or in a small team, I do tend to get a little more pressing and determined in having control of the situation. Taking suspects to security for talks, asking officers for backup if I suspect an armed individual. In the past I've never minded dying- as detective I'd often save the sechuds for one liners rather than the HUD or vampire protection. However, I do understand the importance of the HoS staying alive and not giving myself up easily.

Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.
  Who is that, wasting my time?
  It's a staffie, reporting a crime.
  A body was found, in central maints!
  I can't see the body... - It is you, I'm afraid...

What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?
  Not really a security gimmick per say, when bored, I'd dress up as security and try my best to blend in (all the while, not intervening in the round). Just to see how long security might take to notice. I'd source all gear from the debris field and wear red jumpsuits and enter security when an officer or assitant leave the doors open. In some cases I'd try to get an ID. Ususally I turn myself in or leave my ID out in the open if it's taking a while.

Draw a picture!
  You see a terribly drawn bee. (my artistic skills are comparable to the ones of a sentient grain of sand)

Messages In This Thread
Dr. Puggers - HoS application - by Dr. Puggers - 05-23-2024, 03:46 AM
RE: Dr. Puggers - HoS application - by Lefinch - 05-25-2024, 09:23 AM
RE: Dr. Puggers - HoS application - by Munakoiso - 05-26-2024, 02:20 AM
RE: Dr. Puggers - HoS application - by JOELED - 05-26-2024, 06:12 PM
RE: Dr. Puggers - HoS application - by avanth - 05-26-2024, 07:15 PM
RE: Dr. Puggers - HoS application - by Lefinch - 05-27-2024, 01:59 PM
RE: Dr. Puggers - HoS application - by Glamurio - 05-28-2024, 01:25 AM