Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Current chemistry's main probable issue
Colossus makes some excellent points that I don't see brought up more often. As a novice chemist myself, dedicating a good chunk of the shift time to figuring out a chem that might not even work or could be wasted with no easy to way to recuperate my loss is not only not worth it, but also devastating. We have some really cool chems but it takes so long to make them, that even if you get a result, it's just never worth the time invested. Ideally, macros were supposed to alleviate that, but the main issue for some chems is procurement, not just ease of production.

I actually don't think the aimlessness is the primary issue, though it does add to it. The big thing that would, in my mind, make it more fun to engage with, is if I had any guarantee that if I put 30+ minutes developing a chem, that I have some sort of safety net for the production of it. Maybe some sort of "chem duplicator", although that's a slippery slope. Otherwise, simplifying either some recipes or making it easier to obtain specific chems might alleviate the frustration as well.

On the subject of Toxin, I actually vehemently disagree. While it has no direction, it is actually much easier and satisfying to work with. Part of that is because if your mix is not satisfying, you can always pick up the pieces and adjust things relatively easily, you don't lose your entire mix if your TTV ends up borked, unlike in chemistry. Also, pressure crystals. You can sell pressure crystals at specific explosion values for money, I think saying "you are an antagonist if you use Toxins" is reductive.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Current chemistry's main probable issue - by Glamurio - 05-23-2024, 01:43 AM