Kate Smith's Head of Security Application
All of the rounds I've played with Kate as HoS/NTSC she has shown a willingness to adapt to the round progression, buy into antag gimmicks, she was able to increase/decrease her presence appropriately to allow others to get in the spotlight, was super communicative on the radio, and was a generally competent officer. I haven't seen too much training, but based on how she's conducted herself in shifts I've been on, I'm confident that she would appropriately pass on Space Law to the interns. Of particular note, she advocates slow-rolling upon initial contact and I've witnessed her helping less experienced SecOffs cool their heels upon running into an obvious antag and coach them.

Certainly nothing against Kate, as I will be the first to admit that Gunnar can have a presence (unintentionally) that significantly alters shift progression/can stifle others taking lead, but I'd love to see Kate jump in and take charge when I'm on shift. For my own part as a HoS, I will always let (and honestly appreciate) ambitious/capable SecOffs taking the reins in situations where I can observe and help them grow. So on future shifts together, please feel free to take that role - I think you'll find plenty of HoSii are more than happy to take the backseat to give veteran SecOffs a starring role! You've got a lot to give the department and while I'm pretty confident it's on display when you don't have a HoS, I'd love to get a first-hand look at your leadership skills!

+1

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kate Smith's Head of Security Application - by Slazenger - 05-19-2024, 07:32 PM