Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Make Mail Courier an everyday job.
100% support this idea. Further, something that's sat in the back of my head since day 1 of the introduction of mail is: Where's the letters? Imagine opening up your mail and alongside gifts from whoever you RP them coming from, parents, replacement orders of equipment, or just your new GPS from GPS weekly. Imagine, for example: I've staggered this list of things from "Least impactful to any kind of balance to probably pushing it but I want to demonstrate how this idea both would make mail and mail couriers a welcome sight in any department lobby"

- Spam letter from discount dan, or some wizard fed joke about one of them being owl-mailed to join ersatz hogwarts or an arguement about spell applications for inflammable monkeys. Space weather forecasts, Zoldorf-by-mail fortunes, an expired/dubious cupon for a free QM order the QM can laugh at you/indulge when you try and redeem it.

-Free golden ticket/lottery entry ticket. You want people to engage more with this, the rare chance of a lottery ticket that could win both I argue raises your engagement with mail (for a potential enjoyable benefit, rather than something neutral or negative) with other features on the station that people can sometimes sleep on or not even be hugely aware of, a little blurb about them written up as promotional.

- A letter from "Mystic Meg" who has divined the last thing said by a dead person on station, or their last words, or the random pin of a random PDA (probably not of *whom* though I'd argue the mind-reading gene demonstrates this does not suddenly cause mass theft) or a safe. Hangar/pod codes.

- Gossip weekly, find out about the syndicate intelligence of one of our crew today without being a crimer! (Engaging with that character's RP potentially and maybe encouraging people to also write them with this in mind)

- A particularly liked former station inspector's report, or short story from our story sections on here or discussed on discord. Hell, even former artworks put up at CENTCOM.

I appreciate putting in the effort to make the mail system on then on top of the writing effort then having the idea not work out wouldn't have been sensible. Now, however, we seem to be genuinely considering the value of mail enough to justify discussing giving couriers a spot on the roster more permanently so on top of saying "I agree" want to put forth at this time I would love to see the concept also expanded. Given we have various people who like to write here who are actually competent unlike myself contributing to such an effort could be spread out and even a fun experience for those interested. I'd enjoy seeing what people come up with when I open up my mail and see there's a letter.

Messages In This Thread
Make Mail Courier an everyday job. - by Jamie! - 05-16-2024, 12:02 AM
RE: Make Mail Courier an everyday job. - by Chasu - 05-16-2024, 02:57 AM
RE: Make Mail Courier an everyday job. - by Lefinch - 05-18-2024, 01:21 AM
RE: Make Mail Courier an everyday job. - by Chasu - 05-18-2024, 03:36 AM