Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.6 Average
Puritan Complaint Thread (with some suggestions)
I have been using puritan for some time and would really prefer more of a flat-out cloning incompatibility trait that still allows for borging. You would think puritan would at least help encourage that, but in practice I have yet to ever see it play out that way. Your brain goes cold as soon as someone jumps the gun and that's that.

As for the trait itself, I think it's dumb from an RP standpoint that puritans can be cloned scot-free. It needs lasting consequences. Your character should at the very least resent the fact that it happened, but I think it would be way more Fun if the consequences of it were more forceful and affected the rest of the station. Like say instead of just exploding, puritan clones become cursed beings (with cursed brains! transplants cannot save them) as a result of their unwilling soul. This results in horrible fits of illness that make them virtually impossible to keep alive safely. You'd just end up creating a crewmate that is involuntarily deafening people with banshee wails, projectile-vomiting all kinds of harmful substances on themselves and others, and just generally being a self-destroying hazard that takes a much bigger toll on the medical department's time and resources for as long as it's kept alive.

Also it should be a crime to clone them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Puritan Complaint Thread (with some suggestions) - by Jillith - 05-17-2024, 01:06 AM