Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.6 Average
Puritan Complaint Thread (with some suggestions)
To be honest, I don't hate Puritan, but it does feel like a sort of thematically clashing trait. As you mentioned, puritan implies some sort of religious or other ideological apprehension towards being cloned, not your genes being incompatible with the process. That's the traditional definition of the term, and would be what I expect from a Puritan trait.

Regardless, I think it'd be a good idea to change how Puritan works, or split it into two traits. For the first option, prevent cloning whatsoever and keep the +2 cost. For the second, an option that disallows any sort of clone scan or cloning for +2 points, and one option that does what Puritan does now for +1. One could be framed more as a "I don't want to be cloned whatsoever, it says so on my records and the machines refuse to scan me" type trait, and the other could simply be "my genetic structure is incompatible with the cloning machines, so I may come out messed up". 

Not super worried about the trait being changed or not, but I thought I'd throw in my own two cents since the topic seemed interesting.  space bear

Messages In This Thread
RE: Puritan Complaint Thread (with some suggestions) - by Solenoid - 05-16-2024, 04:36 PM