Thread Rating:
  • 22 Vote(s) - 4.09 Average
i think it's time to try player caps.
i don't care how this goes either way, im not too invested in it, but i don't think player caps are the way to go. i think we need to go back to extended rounds like it was done for the last few spikes over the last 4 years, especially considering the chaos of self-antags and antags who aren't escalating lately. the majority of people, when encountering a cap are gonna go 'oh no, ill just play later' instead of going to 4 or to 1. if the pop on 4 can hit 20+ organically, im fine with that. the main issue isnt so much i think people will get clique-y but people will obviously want to play with their friends, just naturally.

no matter what i think one server is always goin to be more populated than the other, and the less populated server will have a higher standard for RP, just naturally. i personally wouldnt wait 15-20 minutes to join a server that might not even have the job available that i want to play, instead of playing a server that might have 1-20 people on it and Nothing Going On. believe me though, id love to play on a server that doesnt vote cog1/donut3 every. single. time.

tl;dr i dont think forcing a cap would help much. i could be wrong, i probably am. but i just dont like forcing the community to fit into boxes, it feels dirty.

Messages In This Thread
RE: i think it's time to try player caps. - by chemtrails - 05-16-2024, 10:45 AM