Thread Rating:
  • 22 Vote(s) - 4.09 Average
i think it's time to try player caps.
Nerkson took the words right out of my mouth with this one. As a 4 main of about a year now, it’s been genuinely demotivating to see the population die off. It’s awful to hear about people ‘leaving 4’ because they felt the meta-cliquing is so bad, because it always feels like I’m part of the problem merely for playing there. I’m positive that this is a problem that actually occurs and that it has soured the experience of low pop for some folks, I just wish 4 would be given more of an honest shot these days, now that stuff has, as far as I’ve seen, changed.

Couple days ago, we had the admins pushing for people to join 4. We ended up getting around 30+ pop that night and the 4 mains were obviously both IC and OOC super EXCITED to see new and old faces!! We were so pumped to have action and people to RP with! It was the most fun I’ve had playing in a couple weeks. It wasn’t too hellish, but it was a healthy amount of people to hang out with.

I’d be totally down with at least trying the pop cap. If it doesn’t work out? Back to the drawing board, by all means, but I’d genuinely love to see some sort of change to help bring people back to 4. The folks that have been on 4 recently, while becoming well known to me and regulars, are some of the nicest and most inclusive players I’ve seen in a while. I haven’t really noticed any issues of any set of people keeping to themselves and purposefully shutting out other RP. I think part of the reason it can feel this way, from someone looking in these days, is because there are so few of us, and yeah, sometimes shifts get quiet, or you end up talking to the same one or two people all round. I mean … when you’re only playing with about 6 other folks in the early evening, what else can you do, right?

Point being, as a lowpop main, I’d love to see some new (and old) players coming over to 4, and giving it more than five minutes of playtime. Those of us that frequent it now do our best to greet and interact with whoever we can. I find myself going out of my way just to talk to people I don’t recognize, praying they won’t cryo out of boredom. Some rounds it feels like a genuine ooc fight for keeping population up. I don’t know what the best solution would be, but I’m certainly open to trying anything that might help!

Messages In This Thread
RE: i think it's time to try player caps. - by Torchwick - 05-15-2024, 08:20 PM