Thread Rating:
  • 22 Vote(s) - 4.09 Average
i think it's time to try player caps.
As a player that prefers to join higher populations, I have mixed feelings about implementing a player cap. RP still happens, even now, but round actions and reactions are shorter and more direct than before to accommodate. In other words, the pacing has been faster than usual.
For me, the issue is more in the lines of: "More people = More problems/distractions = Less time allocated to individual RP". RPing is still possible, just generally shorter, and I enjoy the slight chaos that can happen in the latest shifts. The game's core is a ‘what if everything went wrong’ during a work shift in a space station.

I do not believe a population capacity is the solution to the aforementioned issue. But, if we are expecting the population to get to 70+ active players on both RP servers, and more newbees arriving, a player cap may be for the best.
A maximum player amount would be a band-aid to accommodate and ensure the best experience for new players in the RP servers. Otherwise, new players may be given a false impression of the standard RP experience and pacing, in contrast to classic.

Ultimately, if one is implemented, it should be temporary until we find a better, permanent solution.

Messages In This Thread
RE: i think it's time to try player caps. - by Keiiro - 05-14-2024, 12:44 PM