Thread Rating:
  • 22 Vote(s) - 4.09 Average
i think it's time to try player caps.
I am personally against it because I worry it will just cause a deduction in population.

As it stands this is sorta like the 2 thing, where there are people that will want to play with whoever they want to play with, which could cause mass depopulation of servers whenever the 'desired' one opens up.

While I can see there is a good idea behind this, and I understand it's an issue, I feel that altering rules to encourage/discourage certain behaviors to increase .

For example, if you wanted to cause a larger shift to 4 you could simply change the antag balance to have 4 roll more antags like 3 is now, and change 3 back to the old system.

You could have certain days be 'extended' days for either of the rp servers.

You could set one server to be the 'newbie friendly' one, even give a pop up explaining that.

I feel that there are some other ways to try to fix the problem, and I hate that it IS a problem, and while I'd understand a possibility of a population cap I worry this will just reduce overall players and not fix the issue.

ALSO this does potentially create a scenario where both rp servers could be capped and then prevent people from joining rp.

Messages In This Thread
RE: i think it's time to try player caps. - by Silent Majority - 05-13-2024, 04:36 PM