Thread Rating:
  • 22 Vote(s) - 4.09 Average
i think it's time to try player caps.
Hello! This is my first and likely only ever post on the goonstation forums. As such, feel free to immediately ignore this post and carry on to more interesting ones with names you like and recognise.

I think this idea is going to both have a lot of responses that make sense that disagree with a population cap. I think we've seen a lot already from altering the map rotations to reflect the reality of a sticky high cap population on morty, to basic "I want join high pop number see high number I join high number on byond hub click that" basic reality that it's just a positive feedback loop.

I also completely agree with Zamujasa in that the current consistently high population for 3 is causing a lot of non-RP wonk. I don't think comparing and contrasting with other servers means we can simply brush that reality under the carpet. It is. That is happening.

I'll be honest and say that I suspect the population cap is a hard sell. I'd love it if we did but I can't see the idea that it might shut people out, no matter how insensible it is to join atlas with 65+ people to become the 11th Staff assistant. But I also have no idea what else you can try except painting a big "1" over the "3" and swapping the numbers around so that 3 is more in what I'd call the "Coze zone" of 30-50. Or start kidnapping people and forcing them to enjoy the genuine delights of Sylvester for their own good.

Messages In This Thread
RE: i think it's time to try player caps. - by Lefinch - 05-13-2024, 02:22 PM