Thread Rating:
  • 22 Vote(s) - 4.09 Average
i think it's time to try player caps.
I think this is an unideal solution, but a necessary one in order to preserve roleplay integrity.

Rounds on 3 have become markedly less and less RP focused in my experience, gradually morphing into a sort of classic-lite because of the massive amount of people in every single department. You can't get some medbay RP because 10 other people also need medical assistance, you can't get botany RP because the botanists have no time to talk between every order they need to fill out, and so on. This was touched on in the initial post, but I feel it's incredibly important to reiterate.

The problem isn't just that the maps don't fit the number of players we're seeing, but also that the number of players is just not congruent with a healthy RP environment. There is no time to have roleplay because everyone wants something from your job all the time, and we only have an hour and a half to do that. Roleplay has never been the main focus of the RP servers of course, we're not HRP or anything, but it's still showing that it's a struggle to roleplay on the roleplay server.

A player cap would be nice, at least to test it out, because I don't think the current system is working. There are flaws with a player cap, as covered in previous discussions and above, but I'd like to see whether those flaws are outweighed by the benefits of a more balanced server population in practice. 

(05-13-2024, 01:30 PM)TDHooligan Wrote: a lot of #4 players cant handle anything over #4 pop too, so trouble there too if we force the server to be larger (though ik we can just... make goon 5)

Also, I just wanted to touch on your point, Hooligan. I guess it depends on how you define 4 pop(as 30-40, or the current 10-20), but I would love to see 4 have more players again as someone who plays there most(almost all) of the time. I think personally that 30-40 has always been the ideal population for 4, and a change like this would restore it to that population and breathe new life into the server.

Messages In This Thread
RE: i think it's time to try player caps. - by Solenoid - 05-13-2024, 02:11 PM