Thread Rating:
  • 22 Vote(s) - 4.09 Average
i think it's time to try player caps.
I'm personally against this, but I understand the points you're making well enough to agree with most of them. I think a large part of this is server culture and game mechanics. I feel like if we gave departments more to do, like -say- research, where we could dedicate a portion of the population to things that needed doing, it would balance out.
For security for instance, have the security records be incomplete at the start of the round, and only have the records complete themselves by interacting with individual people. Not a perfect solution, but it gives the detective or another officer something to do besides sitting around waiting to mob the antag.
For medical, there are 4 subdivisions: genetics, traditional "Doctoring," chemistry, and robotics. We could add more disciplines to the mix, such as cadaver research, but the fear is it would end up like pathology. A REALLY extremem measure would be to remove the medical venders from medbay and say "yall have to start from scratch each round, have fun." But I don't see that ending well.

Messages In This Thread
RE: i think it's time to try player caps. - by swinglow20 - 05-13-2024, 01:30 PM