Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
MedSci discussion
1: Science in my opinion should be researching, not curing. I am fine with Science being carefree and having lil to no responsability.
Their focus should be on their experiments and if they yield results, share it with the station. With some requests here or there.
If they get involved with medical supplies and such... you will get science players unable to do things like an A-zone cause "Medbay has no supplies"

2: Traits for scientists are 100% fine as this forces players to use science for their help. In my opinion it's very annoying for engineering to get a chem dispenser then start doing chemical stuff or engineer mcgee starts making his own drinks and takes away the bartenders customers. I don't mind these things being build, but it's just annoying to play a bartender trying to do their thing and here is everyone going to the "engineering bar" cause it looks fancier and it took effort to build.
So in this case... having specific jobs have specific traits that makes them safer and more luxurious is a good idea. Scientists can chemical perfectly and bartenders and chefs can cook and mix perfectly. Where as the non have like a 25% chance to mess up massively.

3: Pharmacies are a nice thing to have and in my opinion feel like it should be there. Mechnically on the other hand... it's basically chemistry place number 2.
As you say... Medbay is well kitted and only needs charcoal technically.
If anything it should be retooled directly. Still have a chem dispenser, but mostly have all the medical supplies that NORMAL people can use.
Mostly you got to a pharmacy that gives you medicine YOU CAN USE. So patches and such can be there. Thats' what I would change.
Focus pharmacy more on giving supplies staffy mcgee can use. Maybe add a trait that menders fail to work by staffy mcgee so doctors can use it freely.

4: I am fine with supplies as in very chaotic rounds, medical supplies drain too fast. I'd say lock 1st aid kits behind pharmacy and have the Nanomed only have things doctors can use safely where as staffies mess up. Then add Nanopharm to the mix that can be summoned as well.
Simply put.. Just divide Pharmacy and Medbay in their ways of handling. Medbay is stuff doctors only can do, pharmacy is supplies for crew to use safely.

5: IN my opinion... this is fine, but I do prefer if doctors when they mess up have way less impact then staffy mcgee goofing up.
Thus borg surgery is safe, but doctors messing up is just a minor annoyance, but staffy mcgee will mess up HEAVILY.

6: Sci and Med need to stay seperate. While they can be working together. Science should be focus on RESEARCHING AND IMPROVING.
Medbay on TREATING and HELPING
And Pharmacy on SUPPLYING THE COMMON FOLK WITH MEDICINE.

7: I said it several times already.. but change pharmacy's functionality. Like you go to a drug store or pharmacy to pick up prescriptions or standard pills you can buy to treat minor problems. You have 20 brute damage? Just go to pharmacy and they have a patch or pill to fix you right up.
Have 80 brute damage and 40 burn damage with 10 toxin damage? NOW medbay has to treat you asap.
It's nothing more annoying as a doctor to get overrun with medbay with people who have like 40 brute damage wich they can walk off with 2 patches. Since it always results in shoving when critical patients arrive.
But if those low brute damage people or people who aren't deadly ill can just knock on the pharmacy and get some medicine to be treated. Suddenly doctors can focus more on surgery, more on roleplay, more on fun things. Heck they might even be able to go EMTs as long as someone is doing pharmacy work.
Cause as it stands now... Mutadone, Mannitol and such. Are only available in the main med dispensers... wich means you need to bother a doctor who needs to go there, grab you the mannitol so you can swallow it. While in reality it should be someone at pharmacy getting to hear: "I got a headache, can I get a mannitol?" And the pharmacy guy just grabbing it behind them and giving them to the patient.

Not only will this probably trigger a "return" of the pharmacist role (wich I am fine with), but it would just make medbay flow nicer and have the front desk have more use. Cause let's be fair.. No one mounts the front desk and checks after a scan if you are injured. In reality someone opens medbay or every doctors is in the front lobby doing mending and injections... wich is not what i think medbay should be. And this is if the doctors get to do it.

So insted of tiding happening on classic and RP doctors just mending and injecting. Have it be more divisive.

And I didn't even touch the medical check points on bigger stations being useless. Heck no one uses/mounts the security check points in stations either XD
So insted I recommend pharmacists at the front desk and have the medical check poitns also be changed into "smaller" pharmacies where the pharmacist can go to.
Or have them contain the medical vendors... cause as I see it right now. Medical check points are barely used while they can function well as mini medbays.

Messages In This Thread
MedSci discussion - by cheekybrdy - 05-01-2024, 03:06 AM
RE: MedSci discussion - by Kotlol - 05-01-2024, 05:52 AM
RE: MedSci discussion - by Chasu - 05-01-2024, 06:00 AM
RE: MedSci discussion - by meaow589 - 05-01-2024, 11:21 PM
RE: MedSci discussion - by Lord_earthfire - 05-01-2024, 11:42 PM
RE: MedSci discussion - by Kateaclysm - 05-02-2024, 12:28 AM
RE: MedSci discussion - by Kotlol - 05-02-2024, 03:08 AM
RE: MedSci discussion - by TDHooligan - 05-02-2024, 03:15 AM
RE: MedSci discussion - by Emimiyu - 05-02-2024, 04:02 AM
RE: MedSci discussion - by Lord_earthfire - 05-02-2024, 04:28 AM
RE: MedSci discussion - by Solenoid - 05-02-2024, 07:39 AM