Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Discussion about sleep in RP
(04-30-2024, 06:18 AM)ju45he Wrote: How about I unveil my idea, a "rest" meter that goes up slowly with sitting/laying down, goes up quickly from napping, and goes down depending on what physically intensive things you do. Functionally if you walk around the place and sat down on chairs at computers and when doing work you wouldn't ever need to sleep, but if you are constantly running and sprinting around the station like a mad-man you will need to take a nap eventually.

I really hate those people who are constantly running, and now they will have an incentive on RP servers to walk normally. Security officers have a reason to use camera consoles instead of constantly patrolling. Antags should probably be resistent or even immune to this mechanic because traitors would be trained operatives and vampires don't need to sleep.

I love this idea by the way iirc in the past also have sit bar status to force you sit on the chair.but you combine these both sit and sleep together which is great idea and I like it.thank for sharing

(04-29-2024, 04:08 AM)klushy225 Wrote: I don't really think this would be a good addition for a few reasons.

1, when the player is sleeping, you aren't doing anything. Like, at all. Your screen is mostly black and you can barely hear anything. You're essentially forced to remove yourself from the round, strapped to a bed while the game is going by around you. And yes, while security is strong in RP, it's not like the antags never win. I routinely am stressed to my limit as security on goon 3, and rounds can get very chaotic with antags doing antag things.

2, How I see it, we're on the clock, and it doesn't make sense that we'd be sleeping that much throughout our workday. The crew quarters are there for the people who live on station, stay behind for a few shifts, or are otherwise there for a longer period. I'd imagine that the employees of the station probably get some sleep before their shift, not while they're working. We're employees of the station, not permanent inhabitants of it(for the most part.)

edit: Concerning security being too powerful, I don't think the way to fix this imbalance is to remove them from the round temporarily. I think the way in which things could be more balanced is a whole other nuanced discussion, but I definitely don't think that this is the solution.

Thank for polite comment after 2 counter argument it understandable about it not effective way for nurf sec.but about crew quaternary I still not sure about it I understand your point that it work time I just want RP server which tend to be end round at 90 min has some sleep at least 1-2 per shift.

Messages In This Thread
Discussion about sleep in RP - by meaow589 - 04-29-2024, 03:39 AM
RE: Discussion about sleep in RP - by klushy225 - 04-29-2024, 04:08 AM
RE: Discussion about sleep in RP - by Kotlol - 04-29-2024, 07:18 AM
RE: Discussion about sleep in RP - by meaow589 - 04-29-2024, 06:48 PM
RE: Discussion about sleep in RP - by Kotlol - 04-30-2024, 02:59 AM
RE: Discussion about sleep in RP - by ju45he - 04-30-2024, 06:18 AM
RE: Discussion about sleep in RP - by meaow589 - 04-30-2024, 07:33 AM